A great beginning to know us more
Mulder Occupational Therapy (OT) Services provides assessment and treatment services to persons injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident. Treatment is focused on return to function from all perspectives, including recovery from physical and cognitive injuries (due to a head injury), a return to emotional wellbeing after the stress and traumatic nature of an accident, and adjustment of the environment around them using adaptive devices or modifications to the environment in order to allow the person to reach their full potential after injury. The staff at Mulder OT Services are there to assist the injured person along the road to recovery, from start to finish. Services are funded through an auto insurance claim, so there are never any direct costs to the injured person for assessment, treatment or assistive devices/equipment.
All of the Niagara Region, extending from the border to the USA at Fort Erie and Niagara Falls, extending to Port Dover along Lake Erie and extending to Oakville at Lake Ontario. This includes the cities of St. Catharines, Welland, Dunnville, Hamilton, Burlington, Beamsville, and Grimsby.
What makes us unique
Starting with a thorough assessment of a client’s physical, cognitive and emotional changes since their accident, the staff at Mulder OT Services work diligently to treat the whole person, as it is rarely the case that a severe motor vehicle accident will affect only one aspect of a person. Treatment is client-focused, where goals are made jointly with the injured person so that change and recovery is elicited in the most meaningful way possible. Treatment starts from the moment a referral is received, and can include a same day hospital visit if the accident has just recently occurred. In every case, the staff at Mulder OT Services will walk alongside the injured person, and their family, to navigate the complex insurance system, from the moment of hospital discharge until they have regained their pre-accident roles and activities.
We strive to give the best service to our clients
Treatment is provided to all ages and stages, from children age 3+, teens, adults and older adults.
If the injury can occur as a result of a motor vehicle accident, then Mulder OT Services will strive to help the person overcome that injury.
Read more ...
- Severe physical or catastrophic injuries
- Complex musculoskeletal injuries (fractures, meniscal tears, spinal disc herniations, neurological damage)
- Chronic pain disorders resulting from the injuries sustained in the auto accident
- Emotional changes, such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depressive episodes, and their effect on daily life; services are provided in conjunction with a client’s treating Psychologist where possible
- Traumatic head injury, ranging from mild traumatic brain injury (Mild TBI), moderate to severe brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Upper extremity (arm, hand) or lower extremity (leg, foot) amputation
OT Assessment services
The best way to start treatment is to build on a strong foundation of objective testing and comprehensive screening tools.
Read more ...
- Home environmental safety assessments prior to returning home from hospital
- Cognitive screening as a component of home assessments
- Psychological screening as a component of home assessments
- Attendant Care assessments
- Housekeeping and home maintenance assessments
- Physical demands & worksite analysis assessments
OT Treatment services
Once an assessment is completed and plans are in place to ensure the injured person is safe in their environment,, the real work begins on the road to recovery.
Read more ...
- Hospital Discharge coordination
- Referral coordination with allied health professionals as required on the file, i.e., case management, and ongoing contact with the referral source throughout the file
- Crisis intervention
- Job coaching and return to work programs
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Grief, support, and crisis counseling from a whole person perspective
- Chronic pain program in the home environment setting and joint with a client’s treating Psychologist, physiotherapist, physician and other health professionals on the file
- Non-dominant hand treatment programs
- Return to dominance hand treatment programs
- Home-based treatment with a combined focus on emotional, cognitive, and physical recovery.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
MEET THE TEAM
We are a group of skilled individual, various background with the same purpose